Instructions for Care after Surgery
Post-Op Surgery Instructions
- Use eye drops as directed. Continue to take drops until otherwise instructed. If you are taking drops for glaucoma prior to surgery, please continue to take your drops.
- Bring your drops with you to every office visit.
- Use plastic shield for one week.
- If air or gas bubble was used in your surgery:
- You cannot fly due to the expansion of the bubble.
- Do not lay flat on your back.
- If you are given a wrist band because of gas injection, you must keep it on until the bubble disappears or the doctor tells you it is okay to remove.
- Continue special positioning until otherwise instructed.
- If severe pain or discharge develops or your vision decreases, call immediately.
- Generally, you will need to be seen by the physician one day after your surgery. Prior to your surgery, please be sure you have an appointment scheduled for this initial post-operative visit.
If in doubt about anything, please call 301-662-2775.